Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Questions of My Thought":
Why can't Indonesia be like other developing countries?


Yesterday, my mom picked me up from school and we went to the supermal to find something to eat. Then we went back to our car, heading to pick up my younger brother and sister at another school. As I was putting my seatbelt on, I suddenly thought about the government.

I said to my mom, "Mom, so far, it looks like that the only policy set by the government that actually WORKS is where people have to use their seatbelts..."
"Plus the No Smoking in the malls...", my mom added.

I replied, "Yea, that's true... I think the busway would eat a lot of time in order for it to work smoothly around the city."

Deep in my thoughts, I wonder whether the busway would really work. Since the busway started, there have been a lot of complaints because the vehicles are now together in smaller lanes as one lane is only allowed for the busway to go through. People in Jakarta, I guess, is not that cooperative. The government must have find real difficulties when dealing with the people in Indonesia who tends to do whatever they want. However, I think that the government should've follow other countries' positive improvements.

Deep down, I really want my country to developed in many ways. Sometimes, when I went for holiday outside the country, people tends to ask where I'm from. Of course, I answered that I'm from Indonesia but sometimes I can see the difference in their eyes when looking at me. The eyes that I think, shows an underestimation of the country that I proudly live in. The country that have a very polluted environment, unstable economy, population that is most likely not cooperative and a corrupted government.

But, I never had any doubt that Indonesia can really improve themselves. It seems like that the government should just need a creative solution that would trigger the cooperation of the population. There will always people who prays for Indonesia and I know I'm one of it, which indirectly supports the development of Indonesia. Thus, I hope that Indonesia can make their people to be proud of their countries and make the people to be confident when going overseas to say where they're from.

Because I am and will always be from Indonesia.

1 comment:

administrator said...

i like ur last sentence. haha.