Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm dreaming of a white christmas..

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Just like the ones I used to know

Where the treetops glisten,

and children listen

To hear sleigh bells in the snow."



While people in europe and the US or Canada are experiencing the beautiful white christmas, again and again I will spend my christmas here in Jakarta; where there are really not many changes on the weather all year (except for the fact that sometimes it rains heavily and the whole city's gonna be flooding). Anyways the exams have stressed me so much and it made me so desperate for holiday and also for christmas. I was so despreate that i even started listening to christmas songs since a month ago.


I was so envious when i saw my sister's photos in facebook, she and her friends are actually freezing in the snow, sitting by the fireplace with marshmallow and hot chocolate, all the typical stuff that is related to white christmas. I was thinking of all the things i could do just if i can spend christmas with my sister in boston. It would be a lot of fun. We can have a snowball fight and everything. But then i realized that i am being such an ungrateful person.

I realized that christmas is really not just about that.


So what if even though all the department store in Jakarta has christmas decorations but it still doesnt feel like christmas? Sometimes people forget that we celebrate christmas to remember the birth of our Lord Jesus. Now that i think of it, i can feel the christmas sprit from within me. And now i can already feel the warmth of christmas...


So what if we're celebrating christmas in this hot weather? it doesnt really matter. I should feel thankful that my sister is coming back from US and my family would be complete for christmas. Even though we might not go anywhere outside of Jakarta but the fact that the whole family is celebrating christmas together feels nice. And togetherness of the family is what completes the christmas spirit!


Never mind about white christmas. I just can't wait for christmas, wether its white or sunny. :)
-Angelina-

1 comment:

Naphthalene said...

Easy for u to say about the 'Christmas spirit', i miss White Christmases...im currently missin my second one :(

but, yea, ur right. Christmas is all about bein together an celebratin jesus' birth. but still, wut i would do to have snow...