Tuesday, May 6, 2008

ABOUT KEN PATTERN

Hi! I'm Elizabeth! It's been a very long time since I haven't post any blog. heheheee... anyways, today's topic is about KEN PATTERN....

GUESS WHO HE IS?

he's an artist from CANADA where MS. JEss' from.
So, he said: "Creating visual images has always been a part of my life. As a child, I loved to draw and I was the typical school kid bringing home the creations all parents are so proud to receive (hopefully). I took art seriously throughout my school years until I graduated from high school in 1961. For me art was right up there with rock & roll and girls."

in 1963, he left Canada to explore Europe for six month then four years later he returned after having spent two years in Europe and two more in Africa and Asia.
he then move to Jakarta in 1988 but in 1990, he started to draw about JAKARTA, here he's works:
"food court" by KEN PATTERN

this looks so real right? he wanted is to potrayed Jakarta not through the tall buildings and the modern things in Jakarta, but the slums and the traditional living.

this is my favourite, because it looks so lively and beautiful... i hope i can be as good as him one day, hehehee.... well, that's all!

No comments: